After you have made the hard decision of which scent you like it's important that you care for you candle the right way, so it will burn clean and beautiful, and for a long time.
- Trim Your Wick - Between each burn make sure you trim your wick to about 1cm. Trimming the wick will ensure that it burns cleaner, safer and longer. We hand cut each wick to the right length when we make them, so the first burn will be fine, but subsequent burns make sure you trim that wick. Tip: We trim ours after the wax has reset, so if any of the wick falls, it won't get stuck in the wet wax and make it black and dirty.
- Use a candle hook - It seems like a luxury, but it will help your candle to burn longer and better and stop smoke from filling the air after you have filled it with the lovely candle scent. Use a candle hook or some other metal stick to dip the burning wick into the wax to extinguish the flame. Make sure you lift the wick end back out of the melted wax or it will be stuck in the wax when it hardens up. Dipping the wick re-primes the wick with wax, which helps it burn better and longer.
- Ensure you get a complete melt pool - The first time you burn your candle make sure you have time to let the wax melt right to the edge of the glass. If you don't, your candle will tunnel and you will end up with unburnt wax around the edge of your candle.
- Storing your candle - Because you bought a beautiful clean candle made of natural wax, free from dyes and additives, it needs a little TLC to keep it burning bright and beautiful. We recommend that you store your candle in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight and heat.
- Burning your candle - We know you love burning your candle, but we do not recommend burning it longer than 4 hours. This will prevent it from over heating the glass and also keeps the burn clean. Too much wax will make for a dirty burn. Also, after you extinguish it, let it sit for at least 2 hours before relighting, so the wax can fully harden again.